Mr. King is available for speaking engagements on talent trends or national security and cyber trends, panel discussions or moderating panels.
- Trusted advisor to corporate boards, C-suite and leading investment firms, as well as confidant to many of the nation’s most elite business leaders.
- Serial connector and clearinghouse for opportunities at the intersection of talent, capital, entrepreneurs and business development.
- Aligns A-talent (Board/CXO/VP’s) to fast growing companies (national security, cyber security, venture capital/private equity backed tech innovators and F500).
- Passionate charity campaigner & advocate for veterans’ & mental health causes.
- An “honest broker” entrusted by the highest-levels of the national security community.
Jeremy King is the founder and President of Benchmark Executive Search. For more than 20 years, Jeremy has played a strategic role in building the leadership organizations for more than 400 growth companies, including noteworthy publicly-traded success stories. His sterling reputation as a trusted advisor transcends his network of thousands of executives, investors and industry insiders. This trust ties deeply into the highest-levels of the federal government, which has forged a network with senior government officials within the intelligence, defense and national security communities. Jeremy has helped transition and guide hundreds of top federal executives and flag-officers into private sector, consulting, and board roles.
Jeremy’s firm has received recognition from:
- Forbes as Best Executive Recruiting Firms
- CyberSecurity Ventures as a Top 10 Cyber Search Firm Worldwide
- Hunt-Scanlon Media as a Top 20 Cyber Executive Search Firm
- ExecutiveBiz as a Top 10 GovCon Executive Recruiter
- Bisnow’s Top 40 Federal Entrepreneurs and Innovators in DC
Prior to founding Benchmark, Jeremy was a Managing Partner at Austin McGregor Executive Search where he opened the Silicon Valley office and subsequently expanded the firm’s East Coast High Technology and Federal IT practices. Jeremy’s gained hands-on general management experience in the technology industry that began at Erol’s Internet, where he led channel sales and business development. The company grew from 5,000 to more than 100,000 customers, helping Erol’s become the 7th largest ISP before its sale to RCN. Earlier in his career, Jeremy was the youngest search consultant at a top-10 retained executive search firm, including as a member of the firm’s leadership team in the company’s early-stage high technology practice. Jeremy graduated from Florida State University with a BS degree in Political Science.
Jeremy is conceiver and achiever in the non-profit sphere, with a talent to connect people and a dedication to support those who serve, which has been key to significant contributions to important causes.
- Jeremy serves on the board of two veterans non-profits: America’s Warrior Partnership and No Greater Sacrifice, both rated ‘Platinum’ with Charity Navigator.
- Jeremy co-founded and serves on the board of non-profit MissionLink, an exclusive, CEO-only organization that fosters collaboration, access, and opportunity for companies focused on defense and national security missions. Nearly a decade old and with over 400 alumni, MissionLink has been featured in The Washington Post, The Washington Business Journal, The Washington Times, DC Business & Bisnow.
- Jeremy co-founded and serves on the board of non-profit HER Foundation (Hyperemesis Education & Research), helping find a cure for a debilitating pregnancy disease called HG.
- Jeremy is a member of Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC), Business Executives for National Security (BENS) and Association of Former Intelligence Officers (AFIO), Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association (AFCEA), Intelligence and National Security Alliance (INSA) and National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD).
- He participates regularly as an invited speaker on talent trends or national security and cyber trends, as well as panel discussions or moderating panels.