Jeremy King on the greatest leaders he has ever seen (and how we can all keep learning leadership)
Jeremy King is a trusted advisor to corporate boards and some of the nation’s most elite business leaders. He is also a serial connector helping move business information on opportunities at the intersection of talent, capital, entrepreneurs and business development. Jeremy is an entrepreneur himself, creating successful executive search firms and also a game-changing non-profit we will talk a bit about later called MissionLink.
Today Jeremy is the founder and President of Benchmark Executive Search. For more than 20 years, Jeremy has played a strategic role in building the leadership organizations for more than 400 growth companies, including noteworthy publicly-traded success stories. Jeremy has helped transition and guide hundreds of top federal executives and flag-officers into private sector, consulting, and board roles.
In this OODAcast we discuss:
- A succinct articulation of the difference in leadership and management
- Jeremy’s view on what makes a great leader
- How Jeremy sets about to find a leader for placement in high caliber organizations
- Ways we can all become better leaders
- Reasons to study leadership in history, including some of Jeremy’s favorite historical leaders
- Cybersecurity and leadership, including what high performing companies are asking Jeremy to help them with in this domain
- The growing need for board members with cybersecurity leadership skills
- The non-profit MissionLink organization Jeremy co-founded
- The best books on Leadership
- An exemplar of one of the great leaders
Bob Gourley is the co-founder and Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of OODA LLC, the technology research and advisory firm with a focus on artificial intelligence and cybersecurity which publishes OODALoop.com and CTOvision.com. Bob is the author of the book The Cyber Threat. Bob has been an advisor to dozens of successful high tech startups and has conducted enterprise cybersecurity assessments for businesses in multiple sectors of the economy. He was a career Naval Intelligence Officer and is the former CTO of the Defense Intelligence Agency.