In King’s view, CISOs shouldn’t be on boards. Their role is to create and oversee all security policies and strategies. The best board members with cyber expertise are on the “offensive revenue-generating side,” he says, and those executives include general managers, COOs and CEOs who understand how cyber impacts the overall business — not the CISOs who set security strategy. “There’s a difference between speaking technically and speaking business,” King says. “That doesn’t mean CISOs don’t speak business, per se, but they don’t have a P&L to run.”
Ready to get started?
- Avantus Secures Lynn Dugle as Board of Director via Benchmark Executive Search
- U.S. CISOs Out-Earning Other Countries
- Benchmark Executive Search Recruits Chief Product Officer for Janes
- Rainmakers: Interview with Jeremy King
- Benchmark Executive Search Expands Cybersecurity & National Security Advisory Board
What Our Clients Say About Us…
I appointed Benchmark to secure a Chief Executive Officer for a high technology business in the U.S. They executed with precision throughout to identify and secure a high-quality candidate. The attention to detail for both the candidate and the client is a significant benefit of working with Benchmark."